Trustees shall be current voting members of the Society and shall have been active in the affairs of the Society for at least one year prior to their election or appointment. If a Trustee has been elected for two consecutive terms, an interval of one year shall elapse before he/she may again become eligible for election. Terms of office start and end at the first Board meeting following the Annual Business Meeting.
The Board of Trustees shall:
- Administer the affairs of the Society in the interim between Business Meetings.
- Elect a Moderator, Vice-Moderator, Board Chair, Clerk, and Ministry Council Facilitator from its membership at the first meeting of the Board following the Annual Business Meeting of the Society.
- Appoint a Treasurer and a Collector on the recommendation of the Finance Ministry.
- Appoint a Registrar on the recommendation of the Inreach Ministry.
- Fill all vacancies in elective positions until the next Business Meeting at which elections for those positions would normally occur.
- Approve policies and procedures for the investment of funds.
- Approve policies provided by the Ministries regarding the use of the Church building and property and the promulgation and publication of rules in connection therewith.
- Hire, terminate, and determine the employment conditions of all employees of the Society, except the Minister(s), on the recommendation of the appropriate committee and/or the employee’s supervisor consistent with Society policy.
- Hire any temporary minister(s), interim minister(s) or acting minister(s) for the Society.
- Assume responsibility for such other matters as may be authorized and directed by these Bylaws or the Society.
- Assure that an audit of the Society’s financial records is conducted annually.
Board of Trustees, 2012-13
John Wellin, Board Chair
Joy Leccese, Moderator
Shirley Bond, Vice Moderator
Michael Scott, Clerk
Rev. Martha Munson, ex-officio